In November 2013 Dame Esther Rantzen launched a free, confidential 24 hour helpline specifically for vunerable and isolated older people, and in just five years they have received more than 2 million calls.
There task now is to find supporters who share their vison, help spread awareness and raise the resources they need to pay for the service.
Gerry & Joanne were kindly invited by Carl Austin-Behan (a past Lord Mayor of Manchester) and his husband, Simon. Carl was Lord Mayor when Gerry became High Sheriff! To a celebratatory dinner for the five years that Silver Line has been running.
It was a great evening and raised £71,700 with more money due in so final figure should be over £100k
- Gerry and Joanne attended the 5th birthday of Silver line
- Gerry and Joanne were invited to the Royal Wedding!
- Gerry’s year as High Sheriff of Greater Manchester
- High Sheriff Award Ceremony & Dinner
- The North West of England Greater China Business Awards -Gerry won an award!
- Chinese New Year!
- Seashell Trust Visit
- Gerry's visit to Rumworth School
Web Design by Web Best Practice.